March 04, 2015

altered state



I believe that all garments are a work in progress.  Sometimes I have a hard time getting rid of things that have great bones; pants in a bold shade of purple but the leg just isn't flattering anymore or a jacket with gigantic shoulders but made of the most beautiful wool.  

Alterations and a trusty seamstress are both something I'm quite fond of.  Case in point with these jeans.  I mean it was not a huge alteration but I think the look it quite different.  

The last time I wore them in a post was in July 2013 (how was it that long ago?) They have since been in my closet for some time but I still really loved them. I thought about options for a few weeks and settled on simply shortening them above the ankle.  I figured that this would allow me to wear them with flats or sneakers, something that was not an option when they were so long without losing their massive size.  I must say that I'm quite happy with the result.  Throughout the winter I have worn them with ankle boots and sneakers and look forward to pairing them with platform sandals come spring. *Just make sure when hemming jeans, especially a distressed pair that you spend the extra money to have your seamstress salvage the original hem and reattach it at your desired length.  It makes all the difference.






Faux fur vest (thrifted, Kensington Market, Toronto, ON). Top (Joe Fresh). Vintage Men's Levis (Urban Outfitters, Toronto, ON). Shoes (Nine West). Clutch (vintage, Salvation Army, Windsor, ON). Necklace (vintage, Jones & Co. Windsor, ON).












Photos Renza

No comments:

Post a Comment