November 07, 2012

liebster award 2012



Platforms and Peeptoes nominated ghrlunltd for a Liebster award!  The Liebster awards are a tool to introduce your blog to other readers. To be honest I had never heard of the Liebster Awards until now but felt that it was a great way to give you a bit of background about me and introduce you to some great blogs that I follow. Thank you so much for the nod Shannon.

Here are the "rules"
1. List 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with less than followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. Go to each blogger's page and let them know about the award.
6. No tag backs!

11 Facts about ghrl unltd

1. ghrl was the name of my husbands band when we were in our early 20's.
2. my husband came up with name ghrl unltd. when I started designing  jewelry and handbags.
3. I am Canadian.
4. I live on the border of Detroit, MI and spend many weekends vintage shopping, going to see bands and visiting friends in and around the city.  I prefer to take Woodward Ave vs the freeway.  You are guaranteed to notice something new and magnificent every time.
5. My teenage daughter takes most of my photographs.
6.My brother is my favorite person to vintage shop with.
7.I will wear fur.
8.My house is over 100 years old and I have transformed one of the bedrooms into a closet.
9. I have known my two best friends since I was 10.
10.My grandmother will be 100 on December 30, 2012.

Here are my 11 Questions from Platforms & Peep-Toes: 

1. What's your favorite color to wear?
Hands down, black is my go to (non)color. 

2. What inspires you?
Allowing yourself to think out of the box opens your eyes and mind to a world of inspiration.  Right now I am in search of the perfect needlepoint pillow/chair/picture to repurpose onto the front of a dress. 

Photo Etsy; Harpers Bazaar

3. If you aren't blogging, what are you doing?
I work a 9-5 job M-F so there is never enough time in the day to work on my blog.  I guess that if I am not blogging, I am thinking about blogging and looking for inspiration.

4. What's the 1 piece of jewelry you wear everyday?
A watch.

5. Name your least favorite trend. Past or present.
Capri pants.  Not to be confused with cropped pants that graze the ankle, but 'pants' that cut your calf in two.  Make a decision, shorts or pants, not somewhere in between!

6. Name the 1 current trend you wish would just go away.
Ummm, capri pants.  I think that I made my point clear in question 5!

7. If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you go?
Spain

8. Favorite designer.
It is very difficult to narrow it down to just one.  I like many designers for different reasons.  Isabel Marant and Balmain are two of my top picks.

Photo style.com

9. What's the one item in your closet you can't live without.
A leather jacket.

Photo ghrlunltd

10. What celebrities closet would you raid and why?
Diane Kruger.  The woman is fearless and can do no wrong.

Photo WWD

11. Where's your favorite place to shop?
Toronto.  There are a ton of vintage shops there that are fantastic. Speaking from experience, you can visit almost 40 shops in a 8 hour span if you map it out just right.

Photo ghrlunltd

Here are my 11 Questions
1.What makes your blog unique?
2.Why did you start a blog?
3.Describe your style in 3 words.
4.If you could be anyone, who and why?
5.What is your fondest childhood memory?
6.Where are you from and what do you like most about living there?
7.What kind of music do you listen to? Who is your favorite singer/band?
8.Heels or flats?
9.How did you choose the name of your blog?
10.Coffee or tea?
11.Who inspires you?

11 Bloggers to watch

xo Stephanie

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Stephanie for choosing me! Having just started on my blog I'm chuffed. Cant wait to start the post on it tomorrow! :)
    Lauren
    xo

    indecisiveandgettingsomewhere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete