September 05, 2012

store spotlight - jones and co.



I have visited hundreds of vintage stores over the years and one of my absolute favourites is a local shop, Jones & Co. Louise Jones who has owned and operated the store for 8 years has a sharp eye for quality and exceptional style. The store stocks a vast array of women's and men's clothing and accessories as well as housewares, and is very well organized.
Jones & Co. is located in the heart of Walkerville, a neighbourhood in Windsor, Ontario thriving with restaurants and unique shops. A one-time walk through Jones & Co. is never enough, even for someone like myself who visits regularly.  The merchandise is constantly being rearranged to highlight pieces that previously may have been overlooked thanks in part to the excellent visual merchandising by Adele Duck. 
Over the years I have found many of my favourite vintage pieces at Jones & Co. If you have a chance to pay them a visit, you will understand my love affair.


Some recent finds - Black Eel skin clutch (vintage, Jones & Co. Windsor, ON $39. last seen here). Snakeskin box clutch (vintage, Jones & Co. Windsor, ON $39). Beaded clutch (vintage, Jones & Co. Windsor, ON $24). Clear clutch (vintage, Jones & Co. Windsor, ON $15). Beaded handbag (vintage, Jones & Co. Windsor, ON $24).






Photos S Mingay

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I would love to have more of these shops here in Munich....I love vintage and I love thriftng. I have a couple of shops here but they do not renew their merchandise that often, nor are their prices very attractive...anyway. Thank you for sharing this Stephanie!
    Katherine
    http://styleidoscope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely write up for Jones & Co. Thanks Stephanie for the spotlight but also for all the fun fashion talk and inspiration over the years. Bring on Fall 2012 ~ We have some amazing pieces coming in!

    ReplyDelete