July 12, 2012

the kills

The other day I posted a link to the forthcoming Fleetwood Mac cover album - Just Tell Me That You Want Me, due to be released August 14, 2012.  I mentioned my anticipation of The Kills covering 'Dreams', and today I was pleased to see that it had in fact been released.

Have a listen, what do you think?

Fleetwood Mac 'Dreams' by The Kills


I am a huge fan of both this track and The Kills period.  I saw them last year in Detroit (after having missed their previous show due to stupidity) and was absolutely blown away.  My husband, who is a hard sell, came  along and was very pleasantly surprised by what he heard ("I told you so" repeated over and over again in my head!).

Watch The Kills Live in Detroit
(The sound quality is shit, but nevertheless, still amazing performers)

Also on the horizon is the book Dream & Drive, a book of photographs by Kenneth Cappello featuring Alison Mosshart and Jamie Hince in celebration of the 10 year anniversary of The Kills.


All of this being said, don`t even get me started on their style...let me just say this, if I could be anyone in music, I would be Alison Mosshart!




No comments:

Post a Comment