March 25, 2012

joe fresh


Top (Joe Fresh $39). Jeans (Joe Fresh $29). Gold leather oxfords (Joe Fresh $70). All clothes and accessories on hangers, Joe Fresh.

Joe Mimram (the genius behind Club Monaco) has built yet another empire that is quickly taking its place in the global market.  Joe Fresh was established in 2004, in association with the Loblaw Company Limited grocery chain.  That's right, shop for clothes and pick up your groceries!   
My initial reaction to this relationship was met with some scepticism.  I mean, how stylish are clothes going to be that can be purchased in your local supermarket? Very, as a matter of fact!  They are quality garments and priced smart. Free standing Joe Fresh stores are popping up in major cities all over Canada and in 2011, NYC. 
When in Toronto I always make a point to stop in the flagship store on Queen St .W.  I was there last week the day before the Joe Fresh fashion show, one of the hottest tickets of Toronto Fashion week. During my visit I had the privilege of speaking with the store manager Andrew. We talked about the brand, the Club Monaco days and how bright the concept of Joe Fresh really is.  I left the store energized and with bags in hand (of course)!

No comments:

Post a Comment