January 29, 2012

rock n roll, my way




I’ve mentioned in past posts how music inspires me.  My choices for this combination are a great example of this....with a twist. I found this little gem of a skirt on a recent Saturday shopping trip.  When I first laid eyes on the black satin skirt (St. Vincent de Paul Thrift, Windsor, ON. $6 (no that is not a typo!); I was flooded with ideas of altering its current state.  I immediately had visions of shortening the front above the knee while maintaining the train in the back and adding a wide ruffle (think 24”) around the circumference of skirt. The state of this skirt is still evolving. For now I have simply removed the majority of the train, put on a Black Keys tee, leather jacket and some sparkle. At Phog Lounge, Windsor, ON.




Accessories: Pendant necklace (Forever 21). Silver foil clutch (vintage, Value Village Thrift, Windsor, ON $3). Watch (Michael Kors).




Photos by S Srdanov

1 comment:

  1. The title of this made me want to check it out. I'm glad I did.

    ReplyDelete